The Hudson Library & Historical Society will host a live virtual streaming event with Hugo Award-winning science fiction author John Scalzi on June 24 at 7 p.m. Scalzi will discuss his latest book, The Last Emperox, the thrilling conclusion to the award-winning, New York Times and USA Today bestselling epic space opera adventure series. Kirkus Reviews calls the book “punchy, plausible, and bittersweet; studded with zingers until the very last line.”
Full Job Description
The Hudson Library and Historical Society, a 5-Star Library, is seeking a Development Officer to implement a comprehensive development plan, maintain a donor database, and oversee fundraising events.
• Collaborates with the Executive Director and Fiscal Officer to create, implement and manage a comprehensive development plan, including a calendar of events, goals and strategies for annual giving and major giving campaigns.
• Actively develops and manages a portfolio of prospects
• Works with Executive Director and Fiscal Officer to develop the annual development budget, monitors the budget and requests expenditures.
• Designs and implements a donor relations plan; establishes metrics to evaluate donor relation activities against measurable objectives.
• Maintains an up-to-date donor database.
• In collaboration with the Executive Director and Fiscal Officer develops and oversees special fundraising events.
• Works with Administration on all related marketing, communication and event materials.
• Working knowledge of development best practices, trends in libraries and development, and fundraising tools and technology, including donor management software.
• Demonstrated record of success in securing major gifts, successfully managing campaigns, engaging and motivating community support, building and maintaining strong relationships. Experience in securing individual gifts of $20,000.
• Excellent interpersonal and organization skills (written and presentation skills), and a strong attention to detail in order to effectively articulate the library’s vision and goals to prospective donors and strategic partners.
• Ability to work collaboratively to gain consensus and commitment for ideas, plans and institutional goals
Education and Experience:
• 5-7 years professional non-profit experience.
This is a full-time (30 hrs/week) position with a starting salary of $35,000 and full benefits.
Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
Please submit a letter of interest, resume and three professional references to:
E. Leslie Polott, Executive Director
Hudson Library & Historical Society
96 Library Street
Hudson, OH 44236
No phone calls please.