Hudson Library & Historical Society maintains an extensive local history collection, focusing primarily on Ohio, with particular emphasis on Hudson, Ohio, and Summit County. The local history collection includes:
- Yearbooks of Hudson High School and Western Reserve Academy
- Hudson imprints collection (books printed in Hudson)
- Hudson authors collection
- John Brown collection – Books, artifacts, manuscripts, and genealogical materials related to John Brown and the anti-slavery movement.
- Newspapers – Virtually a complete run of Hudson newspapers from 1828 to the present and 19th century area newspapers like the Ravenna Republican and the Summit County Beacon. A searchable index of the newspapers is available in the library.
- Hudson necrology file – A file of obituaries of Hudson residents.
- Historic house reports – Research reports of many historic homes in the area documenting the architectural features and ownership history.
- Hudson telephone and city directories from 1917.
- County histories of Ohio and surrounding states.
- Over 100 unique manuscript collections, including the papers and records of Hudson citizens and organizations.