Emerging Technologies Librarian
The Hudson Library & Historical Society has an opening for a full time Emerging Technologies Librarian in the Adult Services Department. Responsibilities include the following:
- Reference Assistance –Answer patron questions; assist patrons with readers' advisory, catalog and computer use, downloadable eMedia and mobile device use, databases, and local history and genealogy.
- Programming- Develop, promote, and execute innovative educational and cultural programs.
- Technology – Participate in technology training, promote library activities and services through social media tools, troubleshoot basic printer, computer, mobile device and software issues, update and help maintain the library's Adult Services web pages.
- Collection Development – Assist in selection and weeding of library resources.
- Assist with special projects as needed, such as grant writing.
- MLS/MLIS/ILS from an ALA accredited library school.
- Must be proficient with emerging technologies and their application in a library setting.
- Skilled in assisting customers with a wide variety of hardware and software (in both MAC and PC environments) including MS Office products; the ability to effectively troubleshoot basic printer, computer, mobile device, and software issues. Working knowledge of HTML/CSS a plus.
- Experience with updating web pages preferred.
- Possess strong customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Flexibility in schedule with the ability to work nights and weekends as required.
- Previous library experience preferred.
Salary and Benefits:
This is a full time (38 hours/week) position with full benefits. Salary commensurate with experience. No phone calls, please. Please submit letter of interest, resume and three professional references by August 8 to:
Head of Adult Services / Archives
Hudson Library & Historical Society
96 Library Street
Hudson, OH 44236