ADULT SERVICES/EMERGING TECHNOLOGIES LIBRARIAN
The Hudson Library & Historical Society, a 5-Star Library, is seeking an energetic, creative, customer service-oriented professional to join the Adult Services team. This individual will serve as an adult services librarian and will help coordinate marketing and outreach initiatives. The ideal candidate must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and experience with online media, services and software, an excellent sense of design, and a strong commitment to customer service.
- Marketing—Promote library activities and services through social media tools, e-mail newsletters, the library’s website, as well as brochures and other print media. Work with other departments in implementing activities that further external communication efforts. Advise and support management team on global level projects related to marketing.
- Reference Assistance—Answer customer questions; assist with readers’ advisory, catalog and computer use, downloadable eMedia and mobile device use, databases, and local history and genealogy.
- Programming—Develop, promote, and execute innovative educational, cultural, and technology-based programs.
- Technology— Conduct technology training, provide technology support, troubleshoot printers, computers, mobile devices and software issues, update and help maintain the library’s Adult Services web pages.
- Collection Development—Assist in selection and weeding of library resources.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
Salary and Benefits
- Master’s Degree in Library/Information Science accredited by the American Library Association.
- Experience and background in communications and/or graphic art and design with knowledge of associated software preferred.
- Must be knowledgeable about emerging technologies and their application in a library setting.
- Skilled in assisting customers with a wide variety of hardware and software (in both MAC and PC environments) including MS Office products; the ability to effectively troubleshoot basic printer, computer, mobile device, and software issues.
- Experience with updating web pages preferred (knowledge of HTML/CSS and WordPress a plus)
- Possess strong customer service skills, and excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as required.
- Previous library experience preferred.
This is a full-time (38 hours/week) position with full benefits and starting salary of $32,000.
Resumes will be accepted until Friday, April 10.
Instructions for Applying
Please submit a letter of interest, resume and three professional references to:
Polly Reynolds, Head of Adult Services & Archives
Hudson Library & Historical Society
96 Library Street
Hudson, OH 44236